The Edimax Extender EW-7438RPn is an impeccable wireless range extender that comes with an added power adapter. It is a smart wall plugging device that is directly plugged in and supplies an instant internet connection within a minute. The size of this Edimax N300 wireless range extender is too compact; it was newly launched into the market on the date of November 14, 2014. It is manufactured by the Edimax Computer Company of China. The Edimax EW-7438RPn Mini N300 Access point works with 120 Volts power and delivers its network services up to far available locations.
This Edimax N300 WiFi repeater is compatible with 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g, etc wireless standard networking routers, gateways, modem, etc. The Edimax Mini N300 access point arrives with the spontaneous iPhone, iOS and Android smartphone attendant app for controlling the N300 Wi-Fi schedule and guest network. It permits parental control features and this extends your wireless router network signal range with impeccable wireless internet connection quality. This wireless repeater is not too spendthrift in comparison to anyone else. So, let’s take this range extender benefit and use it by following the below-mentioned information.
Amazing steps for the Edimax EW-7438RPn installation guide
Are you purchasing the Edimax Extender EW-7438RPn for the first time and want to know “how to install the Edimax EW-7438RPn WiFi Repeater?”. Let’s get all the steps in a series from below.
- First of all, take the packaging box and unbox it (if this is recently bought).
- After that, take out the Edimax N300 WiFi repeater and keep it in a safer place.
- In its packaging box are also available some necessary items like the Edimax ew-7438rpn mini manual guide, Ethernet cable, etc.
- Take it all and let’s read all the mentioning information that is given under the user manual.
- Now, plug the Edimax N300 Mini Wi-Fi Extender/WiFi Bridge into the electrical power outlet. You have to plug this access point closer to the router.
- Wait for a few seconds, almost at that time until its signal light is not lit amber or not with the power light.
- Now, pair this N300 wireless range extender with your router and enjoy this WiFi repeater seamless connection.
Initial steps to connect the Edimax Extender EW-7438RPn with the router
Following are the steps mentioned below, if you want to know “How to connect the Edimax EW-7438RPn WiFi extender with the router?” then you have to do these steps.
- Make sure the power light of this range extender and the router is blinking well.
- If yes, then simply, launch your PC and locate this Edimax range extender name (edimax.setup)under the network setting menu.
- Locate this Edimax N300 WiFi repeater name and click on connect the WiFi automatically via the WPS method.
- Now, the web page automatically pops up on your computer screen.
- After this, hold your existing router WPS button and also press for two to three seconds your Edimax EW-7438RPn range extender internet.
- Now, this is not connecting yet with your smart PC windows 10, it is showing now no network.
Launch the web interface Edimax EW-7438RPn mini Login
Here below are the steps for the Edimax Extender EW-7438RPn login and accessing the admin page. Let’s use it.
- Explore https://www.edimax.com or type https://192.168.9.2 in the web interface URL.
- Load this address and reach it instantly on this N300 Mini WiFi extender/ WiFi repeater/ Access Point/ Wi-Fi Bridge (EW7438rpn) admin page.
- Enter the Edimax N300 Wi-Fi default password and admin name and login in.
- First, click on the get started option and choose Wi-Fi Extender mode from all three modes (Wi-Fi Extender mode, Wi-Fi adapter/Wi-Fi Bridge mode, Wi-Fi access point mode, etc).
- Emulate the on-screen instructions and go on the next page.
- Click on the original Wi-Fi network name from the presenting list to finish the Edimax N300 Mini Wi-Fi repeater iQ
- setup process.
- Now, let’s change the Edimax ew-7438rpn N300 mini settings by following the below instructions.
Basic steps for the Edimax EW-7438RPn Mini Setup
Below are the steps for the Edimax N300 setup, let’s use these steps.
- Use the http://edimaxext.setup or type 192.168.2.102 to go directly to its setup page.
- After login, click on the Edimax N300 iQ setup option and let’s change the basic settings.
- Type the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and Wi-Fi Network password (your existing wireless security router).
- Enable or disable the guest network and click on the next option.
- It is connecting your windows 10, PC Mac, android phone, or another device with the 2.4Ghz connection, wait for a second.
- In this way, click on the apply option, after completing the Edimax n300 wifi range extender setup process.
- Verify the signal light of your Edimax N300 WIfi repeater 2.4Ghz indicator, if it is blinking green that means the internet connection is successfully connected with your device.
- In the end, click on the system restart option to save all the settings of the Edimax Wi-Fi extender.
- You can use this new SSID and password to connect your devices with this range extender internet.
Tricks for the Edimax EW-7438RPn Mini N300 Universal Wireless Range Extender Troubleshooting
Following are the steps for the Edimax EW-7438RPn Mini Wi-Fi Repeater Troubleshooting. Let’s use these below-mentioned steps.
(i) Edimax N300 no lights
Here are the steps to fix the Edimax EW-7438rpn WiFi extender with no lights issue.
- First, reconnect the Edimax WiFi repeater with the internet of the router.
- If this is not connected yet, then change this range extender position.
- Keep it closer to your existing wireless router.
- Now, connect it with the power and internet again and verify the signal light.
- If the signal light has ambering yet that means teh occurring issue is resolved now impeccably.
(ii) Edimax N300 not working EW-7438RPn
Follow the below-mentioned steps to solve the Edimax Extender EW-7438RPn not working issue.
- To fix the Edimax N300 WiFi extender that has no internet connection or not working issue, simply unplug this device first.
- After that, reconnect it with the power plug and choose this range extender internet name again.
- Now, go on directly to this Edimax ew-7438rpn air setup page to replace the settings of the WiFi network connection.
- First of all, open with edimax.setup the login page and login in. Now, let’s edit the settings via the Edimax setup wizard page. Follow the on-screen instructions and change them.
- Now, surely, this occurring issue is fixed now.
(iii) Edimax EW-7438RPn wifi extender shows a signal but no internet
Here are the steps to the Edimax troubleshooting. Let’s use these steps.
- If the Edimax N300 WiFi repeater shows no internet error then resolve it by resetting it.
- You just, locate it on the Edimax N300 Mini Wi-Fi Extender reset button.
- Hold it just for a few seconds and release it when you access point blinkings with a signal light again.
- Now, the edimax ew-7438RPn has been reset.
- Ensures that it is working with perfect internet connectivity.
(iv) Edimax extender setup login does not support or the Edimax app not working
Following are the steps to fixing this N300 wireless range extender several issues.
- If this does not support the Edimax wifi extender ew-7438rpn air setup login page, then update the Edimax Extender EW-7438RPn forward to the latest version.
- Just use the Edimax EW-7438RPn driver and install the latest version of the software to resolve this issue.
- Also, update your Edimax app, if it is not working.
- After that, ensure that it is working in a proper manner.
Edimax Extender EW-7438RPn Review
The Edimax EW-7438RPn Mini Access point is a newly launched New Version N300 Universal Wireless Range Extender. This is also referred to as a Wi-Fi Repeater, Wall Plug wireless range extender. So, let’s use this wireless access point connection with Ethernet Port and wireless connection. It arrives in only White colour and the Edimax N300 Range extender dimensions are 7 x 5 x 3.5 inches. Offers 300 Megabits Per Second with 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g standard networking devices connections. It also comes with a wireless bridge mode network connection to supply the internet via Ethernet cable connection. You should check the Edimax EW-7438RPn Mini N300 review before buying it to get the correct device.
Edimax EW-7438RPn mini manual
You must read the all specified instructions of the user manual to know the mandatory information about this networking wireless repeater. The Edimax Wireless range extender EW-7438RPn manual guide comes in its packaging box, so let’s take it and read all the instructions. Let’s know How to reset the Edimax EW-7438RPn mini extender. How to update the Edimax WiFi repeater EW-7438RPn firmware? How do I use the Edimax wifi extender ew-7438rpn air setup? Can I access the Edimax access point EW-7438RPn adapter mode, but how? How to do the Edimax N300 universal repeater setup?