Edimax BR-6478AC V2 Router Setup,Troubleshooting and Review
The edimax br-6478AAC V2 is a wireless dual-band next generation 802.11ac router. It is specially made to provide internet connectivity at home and in small businesses. You can enjoy unlimited internet connectivity from this router. Ordinarily, the edimax br-6478ac v2 router expands the wifi network throughout the whole. It is a concurrent Dual-Band wireless wifi router that provides simultaneous 2.4GHz & 5GHz frequency with 802.11a/b/g/n standards. It delivers a smooth wifi signal with the 1200 mbps speed. This router on the top side has 2 energetic exterior antennas that enhances Wi-Fi signal for reliable wifi network range. The edimax v2 router supports 10 SSID(network device) at once without any interruption.
The web-based setup of the br-6478as v2 router is unpretentious and no CD required. It has 5-port gigabit Ethernet that you can simply make the wired connection with the computer, laptop, wireless printer and security camera. This router allows the guest network and private network connectivity. There are 5 modes of the edimax v2 router like wifi router mode, Wi-Fi Range Extender, Access Point, WISP and Wi-Fi Bridge.
Installation process of the edimax br-6478ac v2 router
The edimax wireless wifi router delivers up to 1200 Mbps wifi network, by which you surf the web and play online games at its speed. But you have to install it first to enjoy its speed “in a seamless manner”.
- Firstly, start the installation process and you must check the router’s package content such as br-6478ax, CD-ROM, Ethernet cable, power adapter, quick installation guide etc.
- Here, start the installation process, you connect the router’s power adapter that comes with it into the v2 router’s DC power port and the other end of the cable connects to the electric socket.
- Make sure the br-6478ac WiFi On/Off switch is ON position and that the router’s power LED and WAN LED are lit up. If it does not light up then it means your device is not connected.
- Then, utilise a device(like PC, tablete, mobile phone and laptop) and click or tab wifi icon. Then, locate the wifi network “edimax br-6478ac” and connect it through the password.
- Lastly, you check the LED status, if the LED is white light that means device is on, if the internet LED blue light on that means internet connection ready, the wifi LED blue light on that means WPS is active, and then USB blue light up that means USB connection is ready.
In this way, the installation process of edimax br-6478ax router is over. You too can install your edimax v2 router by following these steps easily without any problem.
Steps for login the edimax br-6478ac wireless router
After the installation process of the Edimax router is over, you can easily edimax br-6478ac v2 router login. If you want to login without any hassle, then you can do it easily with the steps given below.
- To login to the edimax router, you must first verify that your computer is properly connected to the edimax wi-fi name.
- Then you have to open the latest technology web browser on your computer. Web browsers can be of many types such as Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
- Now you have to click on the browser’s URL bar and enter 192.168.2.1 to access the login page. If the IP address of your router does not work, then you can utilize its web address.
- Then in a few seconds you will see the edimax br-6478ac login page of the computer screen.
- If you want to login, then you can easily login the extender with the required default login credentials.
- Input these credentials into their field and there will be a section of lower side “login”, click on it.
Similarly, the login steps of your edimax br-6478ac v2 router are over, you can now set up without any hitch with a better network connection.
Manual of the edimax br-6478ac v2 router
The edimax wireless wifi router provides 2.4GHz & 5GHz frequency band in the dual band technology. You can easily switch this band, which you need and take benefits of this band. If you want more information about this router, so that you can use its features properly, then you will have to read its edimax router br-6478ac manual. In this, you will get every information of the product like the dimension of the router is 1.34 x 1.34 x 1.34 inches, weight of wifi router is 11.4 ounces, model number is BR-6478AC_V2, connectivity technology of the edimax v2 router is Wireless, the data transfer rate of this router is 867 Megabits Per Second, wireless type of the ac1200 router is 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g, the router’s backside is 4 LAN and 1 WAN port, power on/off and reset/WPS button is also there in the backside etc.
Web-based setup steps of the edimax br-6478av wifi router
The edimax router is a perfect device for providing the wifi network connectivity in the whole home. If you are taking WiFi connectivity from this, then you will also have to set up the router in Proper Manner.
- To set up the WiFi router, first of all you have to turn ON the power of your edimax v2 router and check the power indicator.
- Then, you have to login the wifi router with the http://edimax.setup. You can also login to the router by following the steps mentioned above.
- As you will be logged in, there will be a page prompt in front of you, there will be a lot of options on it, but you have to click on “setup wizard” to edimax br-6478ac v2 setup.
- You can then set the wireless network name and password by clicking on the Wireless Settings option.
- Also, set the encryption security and channel bandwidth by clicking this option.
- You can select the preferred internet connection type in the drop-down list.
- After configuring these settings, you will have the “apply” option below, click on it so that your settings will be saved.
Now your edimax br-6478ac v2 router has been set up in a very classic way. Now you can enjoy its WiFi network anywhere in the whole house without any buffering.
Troubleshooting steps of the edimax br-6478ac v2 router issue
Sometimes the edimax br-6478ac router not working, it looks like some issue. But you do not need to take tension, you fix these issues with troubleshooting steps. These troubleshooting steps are as follows.
- The edimax br-6478ac wireless wifi router does not provide a stable wifi network, to fix this error power off the router for 15-20 seconds and then power ON again.
- Also, do you know that you have placed the wifi router over the overheating, so to fix this error, keep your dual band wireless router in a cool and ventilated place.
- If your router’s LED orange light flashes, it means that your router needs a firmware update. Then, you can update the latest technology firmware.
- If the edimax br-6478ac v2 router not access the internet, then you should verify all the cables properly. You can utilize different ethernet cables to connect the router to the modem.
- The http://edimax.setup page is not accessed, so you must verify you have logged into the router in the proper manner. The internet and wifi connectivity has the computer. Clean all history of the browser and refresh the browser.
- In the eventually, even after adopting all the steps and procedures, the router does not work, so only 1 should work, reset your router.
Edimax br-6478ac v2 review
The edimax v2 router delivers a smooth wifi network in the home with the help of dual-band 802.11ac. It has the latest 11ac standard, with this it delivers better, stable and powerful wifi coverage in long-distance and even every corner in the whole home. This router is attached to a USB hard-drive for the central network attached storage device. The br-6478ac v2 provides the facility of guest network and private network. Its backside is a multi-function USB port that you can easily connect to the FTP server, printer and NAS9 storage device without any interruption. The simple setup of the edimax v2 router via the web browser. With the 1200 Mbps speed, it provides ultimate performance. By which you can stream HD videos, online games, and share long files with friends with steady network connection. Similarly, the edimax br-6478ac v2 router is superior as compared to others.
Why is my edimax br-6478ac v2 wifi router not working?
If your wireless router is not working then you should verify the connection between the router and modem, router and computer. After that, utilize the edimax br-6478ac v2 reset button and reset it.
How do I update the firmware of the edimax br-6478ac v2 router?
To update the edimax br-6478ac v2 firmware, log it in with the router’s IP address. Then you can update the firmware of your router by going to the router’s settings.
Can I extend the range of my edimax br-6478ac router?
Yes you can extend the range of edimax wifi router through the wifi range extender. The br-6478ac v2 router supports the WPS button then you can use this button and easily extend the range.